Hardwood Flooring in Houston
The advantages of using hardwood flooring in your home
The floor is foundation for your home. The type of floor you choose may not only determine the aesthetic appeal of the home in general but also how comfortable it looks and feels.
Among the various types of flooring materials available, the hardwood varieties are known for their durability and elegance, among other advantages. Hardwood flooring comes in a variety of finishes and styles. Some options you can have with this flooring are walnut, oak, maple, beech and Brazilian cherry. Engineered hardwood flooring options are also available.
Even though the initial installation charges of wooden and hardwood flooring can be quite high, the benefits they provide ultimately outweigh the initial additional cost.
Some advantages of wooden and hardwood flooring include:
- Excellent quality wooden floors can last for decades and sometimes even for generations. Moreover, with age, the hard wood varieties look classy well maintained
- Wooden floors are environmental friendly and do not attract dust, dirt or allergens. They are therefore safe for people who suffer from asthma or other respiratory problems
- They do not absorb unpleasant odors like carpet does, which may occur due to the presence of pets in a home for example
- During the colder winter months, wooden floors can help a room stay warm and cozy and therefore assist in reducing utility bills
- Unlike carpet or tiles, the colour of the wood does not easily fade and it can provide a timeless appeal to the home
- The installation process of the hardwood flooring is quite simple and you can choose unfinished or finished hardwood depending on what is most convenient
- Since wooden and hardwood flooring have been kiln dried and manufactured, installed and finished to given standards, they can last for generations and withstand heavy foot traffic
- Hardwoods can be used with any type of décor because of the varied choice of looks they can bring and the vast range of shades available from lightly tinted ash to a reddish coloured wood
- This type of flooring can be used in the bedroom, basement, living room and even in the kitchen
- It’s more comfortable to stand on wood than on stone or tile floor
The only problem that can be faced with hardwood flooring is that water, moisture or humidity can cause them to rot. This can happen if puddles of water are left sitting around in a room with wooden floor. So, in case of water spillage, the water should be mopped and the area should be dried immediately.
Wooden and hardwood flooring is best maintained through daily mopping and cleaning of the surface. A slightly damp cloth can work wonders but ensure that no water is left on the floor. Avoid using harsh chemicals as this can damage the floor.
If any cracks are noticed, seal the area immediately as otherwise water can penetrate and damage the entire flooring. In case of stains, a mild cleaning solution can be used to treat it. Moreover, daily vacuum cleaning can keep dirt and dust away.
It can therefore be said that wooden and hardwood flooring has a range of advantages over other flooring types. It may cost a little extra, but in the long run they can be more cost-effective that other types of flooring, prove a healthy choice and can enhance the aesthetics of your home.
LM Siding And Painting is a leader in residential and commercial Siding and painting, bathroom and kitchen remodeling, wood and vinyl siding, electrical services, installation of windows, Tree trimming and removal. We provide trustworthy, professional, detailed services that are unparalleled in quality and customer satisfaction in Houston and surrounded areas, Call now (832) 902-4649
Hardwood Flooring in Houston
Painting, Painting Service, Residential Painting Service, Commercial Painting Service, Exterior Painting, Exterior Service Painting, Interior Painting, Interior Service Painting, Painting Contractors, Painting Service Contractors, Residential Painting Service Contractors, Commercial Painting Service Contractors, Exterior Painting Contractors, Exterior Service Painting Contractors, Interior Painting Contractors, Interior Service Painting Contractors, Painting Company, Painting Service Company, Residential Painting Service Company, Commercial Painting Service Company, Exterior Painting Company, Exterior Service Painting Company, Interior Painting Company, Interior Service Painting Company, Siding, Siding Service, Residential Siding Service, Commercial Siding Service, Exterior Siding, Exterior Service Siding, Interior Siding, Interior Service Siding, Siding Contractors, Siding Service Contractors, Residential Siding Service Contractors, Commercial Siding Service Contractors, Exterior Siding Contractors, Exterior Service Siding Contractors, Interior Siding Contractors, Interior Service Siding Contractors, Siding Company, Siding Service Company, Residential Siding Service Company, Commercial Siding Service Company, Exterior Siding Company, Exterior Service Siding Company, Interior Siding Company, Interior Service Siding Company, Bathroom Remodeling, Concrete Slab, Deck Installation, Electrical Services, Handyman Services, Hardwood Flooring, Home Remodeling, Kitchen Remodeling, Outdoor Kitchens, Residential Carpentry, Residential Drywall, Residential Fences, Residential Plumbing, Residential Roofing, Tile Flooring, Tree Trimming & Removal, Welding & Fabrication, Window Installation, LM Siding and Painting